Science Project Resources
A catalog of science resources that can support your quest to learn and do science.
In this section of Student Science you’ll find standards and guidelines that will help you pursue high-quality independent scientific research, whether you’re in middle school or high school, an advanced science student or first-time researcher.
Just Getting Started?
Begin with some of these sites designed for the beginning researcher.
- Pathways to Science Research – If you’re not sure how to get started performing science research, this page will explain some pathways you could take.
- Science – An online archive of articles published by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) from 1880 to 2020. A background resource for students, teachers, and others in need of a reliable reference for current research.
- Science Buddies – A non-profit organization providing science fair ideas, resources, answers, and tools. Including a Science Fair Project Guide and an Ask an Expert online bulletin board, staffed by volunteer scientists and top high school students.
- Intel ISEF Resources, Rules and Guidelines – Useful resources for not only Intel ISEF but all science fairs; rules and guidelines for the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair.
Additional interesting science-focused educational resources:
- Intel Education Page – Intel’s listing of education resources for students and teachers
- The National Science Digital Library – An online library for those interested in education and research in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
- USA Science & Engineering Festival – USA Science & Engineering Festival held in Washington, D.C. in 2010 and the most recent Festival in 2019 where over 400,000 attended.
- Computer Science Online – Educational Resources, Degrees, and Career Tracks
- Zooniverse – Participate in citizen science projects where anyone can be part of a larger project and learn to collect data.
Great Science Projects: Useful Resources
- Great Science Projects: Take the test, determine which topics you are interested in and get a custom list of science projects
- How to Think like a Scientist: Creativity can be the spark that ignites a great science project
- It All Starts with an Idea: Tips on how to find inspiration for your project
- The Basics: What every great science project has in common
- Glossary of Research Terms: Learning the terminology