Common Between Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Jr. And Mother Teresa
Nelson Mandela. Mahatma Gandhi. Martin Luther King, Jr.. Mother Teresa. What do these historical figures have in common? They kept a good attitude, that’s what! They lived during difficult times, but they kept a good attitude and succeeded. I believe that a good attitude during difficult times will help you succeed for several reasons.
Mother Teresa was born on August 26, 1910. She dedicated her life to helping people in the name of God. She was a nun who lived thirty years in poverty. When she obtained the Nobel Peace Prize, she insisted that the prize money be given to the poor. She was given nine awards. She is now considered a saint. She is also called St. Mother Teresa. She may have died 23 years ago, but her legacy lives on.
Martin Luther King, Jr. was an activist who fought for African-American rights in the United States of America. He was arrested twenty-nine times, but he didn’t give up. He used peaceful protests and boycotts to get fairer laws for African-Americans in the U.S.A.. His birth name was Michael, but he and his father changed their names to Martin after Protestant leader Martin Luther. He may have died 52 years ago, but his legacy lives on.
Mahatma Gandhi was an Indian lawyer and peaceful protester. His birth name was Mohandas, but he was later given the name Mahatma, meaning “Great Soul”. He did not hold any grudges. He was one of the people who participated in the Quit India Movement. He loathed fascism and war. He also led the Salt March. He went to the Round Table Conference. He was vegan. He may have died 72 years ago, but his legacy lives on.
Nelson Mandela was the first democratically elected President of South Africa. He spent 27 years in prison, but didn’t give up. He was an anti-apartheid activist. Because he was in jail at the time, he was not allowed to attend the funerals of his mother and eldest son. He did not serve a second term as president. Mandela Day, on July 18, is on his birthday. He may have died 7 years ago, but his legacy lives on.
That’s why having a good attitude will help you succeed. As Taylor Swift, a famous American singer-songwriter, once said, “No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind.”
- Mother Teresa | Canonization, Awards, Facts, & Feast Day
- Mother Teresa-Google Search Results
- Mahatma Gandhi | Biography, Accomplishments, & Facts | Britannica
- Martin Luther King, Jr. | Biography & Facts
- Nelson Mandela | Biography, Life, Death, & Facts
- Arrests | The Martin Luther King, Jr., Research and Education Institute
- Was Gandhi Vegan Or Vegetarian-Google Search Results
- Biography of Nelson Mandela
- Mahatma Gandhi One Spot Information Website
- 7 Positive Quotes From Celebrities To Inspire You In The Morning
- How Many Times Did Martin Luthert King Jr. Go To Jail-Google Search Results